The Clerical MY STYLIST is responsible for processing new merchandise and maintaining all of the records for the store. Other responsibilities coincide with support and clerical functions. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
• Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
• Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
• Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
• Check-in all new merchandise in a secure off-floor location with another associate
• Use RF equipment to scan out damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise
• Perform price changes as needed
• Rearrange floor for new merchandise, season changes, special events, and clearance sets
• Pack all customer alterations and repair orders
• Organize and file shipping, receiving, customer sizing, repair, sales, and return documentation
• Be aware of supply inventory and place orders when needed
• Print and reconcile the Stock Activity Journal for the department
• Replenish displays and other products as needed
• Assist in the inventory process
• Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of jewelry counters and area
• Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached
• Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment
• Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
• Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
• Assist with special projects as assigned
• Perform other duties as necessary
• Follows shortage programs and procedures
• Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
• No experience is needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving and standing;
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours;
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.;
• May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders;
• May involve reaching above eye level;
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Must be able to use RF scanning equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.