Position: Real Estate Mortgage Underwriter
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for First Mortgage and/or Home Equity loans based on established criteria. Determines creditworthiness and risk associated with borrower based on credit profile. Communicates decisions that most effectively mitigate credit risks for bank, including data integrity and validity of information submitted. Applies understanding of established guidelines, Fair Lending and all other regulatory requirements when evaluating loan attributes while utilizing prudent underwriting judgment and experience.
High School Diploma
5+ years underwriting experience.
Maturing knowledge of Real Estate Originations and Processing, Mortgage lending, data analysis tools, and industry data sources.
- Underwrites all levels of complexity of mortgage loan applications and evaluates loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss.
- Responsible for collateral evaluation for all property types including multi-family and renovation loans.
- Well-versed in standard concepts, practices, and procedures of residential underwriting and is able to ensure that loan meets agency salability or insurability.
- Able to manually underwrite loans and is not reliant on automated underwriting to make a sound credit decision.
- This level of underwriter is expected to accurately analyze risk factors along with the presence of compensating factors that mitigate risk to the bank and structure transactions accordingly.
- Excellent quality is required, while working in a fast paced production environment .
- Employee may be required to work overtime based on business need.
- More than five years of conventional underwriting experience.
- Intermediate-Advanced underwriting, advanced tax return analysis, advanced collateral assessment (appraisal analysis)
- Certified Residential Underwriter preferred not required
- Highschool Diploma and clean background required
Tags: Mortgage, Real Estate, Lending, Processing, Loans, Conventional, VA, originations, data analysis, banking, financial, bank, Home Equity,