You support activities related to process development, improvements, and troubleshooting of our manufacturing processes. Independently, with minimal guidance, you design and conduct molecular biology assays to be used as quality control methods, quality assurance validations, or to address manufacturing and customers’ issues. You lead and manage projects through the full project cycle (define specifications, design test plan, execute testing, define process, write manufacturing documents, manage change process including training and validation). You are the liaison between our manufacturing processes and customers’ applications. As such, you provide technical expertise to address product quality issues including non-conformances, complaints resolution, root cause analysis, and risk assessments. You support other Teams as needed, including EHS, QC, and Marketing/Sales. In addition, you effectively communicate with site leadership, colleagues, technical experts, and manufacturing technicians to achieve successful project outcomes. You keep abreast of new development in the field through scientific literature review, attending meetings, or training when applicable. You adhere to our company EHS and Quality policies/programs and demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently to sit and talk or hear. The employee will stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology, Analytical or Organic Chemistry or another life science discipline
- 8+ years of experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR/RT-qPCR, and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- 5+ years of experience independently designing and executing molecular biology assays
- 1+ years of experience with synthesis techniques and/or purification techniques such as reverse phase cartridge and/or HPLC
- Advanced degree: M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
- Good laboratory practices and works safely
- Self-driven requires minimal guidance to meet goals/timeline and can adapt easily to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of validation process, project management tools, and ISO standards
- Experience training people with a different scientific background
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, and organized
- Strong computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint