This position can be filled in The Woodlands, TX; Baton Rouge, LA; or New Orleans, LA.
This position will provide leadership, oversight and strategic direction for project management & construction of a portfolio of geographically-assigned grid modernization, infrastructure improvement, and automation projects within the Utility BU, delivering cost, scope, & schedule certainty, focusing on high quality results & transparency throughout project life-cycles. The position leads a team of assigned jurisdictional experts in delivery of the capital program including project planning, organization, execution, and oversight of all projects within a geographically-assigned region concurrently to meet defined requirements and business specifications to achieve the intended business results.
• Responsible for implementation and monitoring of company safety initiatives and programs affecting the execution of Utility construction projects throughout an Entergy’s five operating companies while ensuring adherence to the Entergy Safety and Contractor Safety Management Initiatives.
• Provide leadership and direction to ensure assigned project portfolio is executed in accordance with company, business unit, stage gate processes, and policies including multiple discipline activities such as; project management, project controls, change management processes, project issue resolution, joint distribution and transmission construction work, distribution automation installations, ROW clearing, implementation and monitoring of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan to ensure compliance with Environmental regulations and laws and resolution of customer related complaints and concerns. This position also includes significant configuration management responsibilities.
• Develop & manage contractor execution strategy ensuring the safety performance, quality of work scope, cost, and schedule meet or exceed expectations.
• Manage portfolio status reporting, interface with management of all stakeholders to achieve intended results, represent portfolio in internal leadership meetings, external regulatory hearings, customer meetings, and prepare written testimony as appropriate.
• Manage portfolio budget, including individual project execution and annual capital plan performance.
• Promote workforce diversity and development through effective hiring practices. Facilitate the development of future technical leaders through mentoring and challenging assignments. Foster a culture of employee engagement in industry initiatives, committees, and benchmarking efforts.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in related field or equivalent work experience.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business and/or MBA or Master’s degree in related area desired.
Minimum experience required of the position
10 years’ experience in utility business operations, project management and engineering. Work experience as business or team lead on strategic engineering projects. Experience with both existing and new distribution and transmission operating principles, systems, and equipment required.
Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Possess strong team and consensus building skills with diverse work groups and business functions
Desired: Advanced leadership skills to build and motivate assigned matrix-ed management level jurisdictional expert team and project teams to successfully plan and execute the capital construction portfolio of projects concurrently.
Excellent organizational & planning skills to manage complex program and program issues.
Exceptional communication skills to work with project teams, middle and upper level management, executives, and external project stakeholders including local, state, and federal agencies. Subject matter experts in the field of project management & construction.
Project Management Professional Certification OR Construction Management Professional Certification desired.
Primary Location: Texas-Woodlands
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 101594
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.