Responsible for overseeing the safe, reliable delivery of transportation to METROLift and Micro Transit customers 24/7 under the direction of the Manager and Director. Works with the Manager of METROLift Services and Manager of Micro Transit Services to monitor and coordinate the activities of staff and drivers the day before and day of service delivery. Assists with directing the work of Dispatchers and Customer Service Representatives within the various call centers to ensure on time transportation and excellent customer service. The METROLift/Micro Transit Service Leader is also responsible for backfilling for Service Monitors, Dispatchers, and Customer Service Representatives. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
Assist Management staff with:
- Daily oversight of the METROLift/Micro Transit Centers – Dispatch, Scheduling/Reservations, and Customer Service.
- Works with the Call Center Systems Coordinator to help ensure adequate staff is in place for coverage.
- Monitors drivers’ routes so that service operates safe and on-time.
- Oversees Reservations and Customer Service staff to ensure procedures are followed.
- Provides training to ensure employees exhibits a positive, professional image while performing in a productive and customer-friendly way.
- Checks and verifies patron trip documentation entered into the computer system by staff for accuracy.
- Backfills for Service Monitors, Dispatchers and Customer Service Representatives, as needed.
- Provides feedback in evaluating the job performance of staff and contractor personnel.
- Works with staff to resolve personnel concerns.
- Assists Human Resources with interviewing new applicants and the hiring process, as assigned.
- Monitors the various operating systems needed to communicate with drivers and customers for troubleshooting performance issues.
- Reviews and addresses customer commendations, comments, and complaints while providing feedback to staff and customers.
- Initiates and conducts the scheduling process for next day service and ensures the proper level of service is available to meet ridership demand.
- Prepares activities and materials that will aid in staff development.
- Coordinates activities with contractor personnel in the delivery of paratransit services.
- Assists with departmental public presentations, public outreaches, public hearings, and advisory committee meetings.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Years & Experience Required
Minimum three (3) years of customer service/call center experience and a minimum of two (2) years of senior/lead experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of the Houston street system; excellent communication, customer service and decision-making skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.