**** $15,000 Sign-On Bonus and up to $10,000 relocation assistance available.****
*Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center* is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
While you're busy impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more.
Every day, our patients rely on accurate lab tests for results that will help pinpoint their health concerns or assure them that everything is okay. As a Medical Technologist, you may not spend long periods of time with patients, but you play a crucial role in making their lives better.
Your ability to conduct routine and complex laboratory testing, interpret test results, perform instrument operation and maintenance, and support lab clients as they use services will be invaluable. In addition, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in patients' lives at all levels as you apply your knowledge of anatomic, physiological, and psychological processes.
*What you’ll do:*
* Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, or spinal, to determine presence of normal or abnormal components
* Collect biological specimens from patients
* Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis
* Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer for storage
* Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology
* Certification as a Medical Technologist – MT (ASCP), or MLS, or AMT, or NCA, or Specialty certification depending on lab section (e.g. M(ASCP) for Microbiology, H(ASCP) for Hematology, etc.)
* Extensive knowledge of specialized medical diagnostic laboratory tests and medical terminology in order to perform specialized medical laboratory diagnostic tests
*Blood Bank Experience*
texasmt, #LABTEXAS, mclabtexas, labtexas, #missioncritical