Leidos has an opening for a Medical Research Logistics Project Lead, to provide technical oversight for flight hardware developments and resupply within the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) in support of the Human Research Program at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. The Flight Sustaining, Resupply, and Integration team on HHPC delivers research hardware to the ISS Program to accomplish human research objectives for exploration at greater distances from Earth and longer durations stays in space. The Medical Research Logistics Project Lead, will be responsible for managing the procurement, fabrication, and delivery of hardware, typically medical supplies, as well as inventory tracking. Additionally, this position will lead certification efforts as needs arise for new hardware. Certification may include coordination with supporting functions including requirements development and verification, hardware design or Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) surveys, prototyping, fabrication, testing, and safety reviews.
The candidate will work with a small team of engineers to deliver hardware per the ISS Program launch vehicle schedule and coordinate with Science Flight Program Managers to identify needed quantities and schedule for flight research and crew training activities. The Medical Research Logistics Project Lead will be responsible for defining and maintaining project schedules, project planning for the team, participating in reviews, and providing status to both contractor management and the NASA customer.
- Lead a technical team to accomplish tasks, and deliver products on time, within budget and with Quality oversight
- Provide status of technical, cost, schedule and risks.
- Identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- Provide fiscal year planning, to include both labor hours and materials cost.
- Interface with purchasing, quality, logistics, other HHPC stakeholders, and NASA stakeholders
- Identify tasks, organize them and make assignments to resources with due dates
- Develop and maintain a project schedule
- Understand and execute Johnson Space Center’s hardware processes and procedures
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings
- Review and provide input to hardware manifest Change Requests including mass and volume inputs.
- Participate in tracking and planning reviews by providing inputs for limited life items
- Review requirements and verifications submits
- Provide oral and written status to both contractor management and the NASA customer
- Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and the Company's safety policies/rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Health Science or in a related field with at least 4 years' experience.
- Ability to develop and manage a project schedule.
- Ability to lead team meetings.
- Experience in project planning.
- Capable of identifying risks and issues, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill including presenting information to customers;
- Ability to perform configuration management and document processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (MS Office tools)
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Mature, professional judgment in establishing objectives, milestones and priorities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior work at NASA/Johnson Space Center processing, developing, and sustaining flight hardware.
- Experience with Flight Hardware Development processes
- Experience with JSC systems/tools: MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS, ELABEL, EDRS/EDCC
- Leadership experience
- Experience with technical management of subcontracts, initiation to completion
- Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instructions
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. To facilitate the process, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.