Medical Record Bookmarkers supporting the Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) administered by Maximus, make an impact everyday by facilitating providers’ review of the veteran’s medical records by providing the pertinent information that is being requested. Bookmarkers have the responsibility of going through an entire medical record and determining what is pertinent to the case using the tools at their disposal and best judgment. Candidates must possess the desire to assist our wounded veterans and service members with a caring, positive, and patriotic attitude . To prepare you for this role, the VES provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures all new employees provide the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
*As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
*This position is temporarily remote due to Covid-19, however, you must be able and willing to work on site in our Houston, TX location when needs arise.
Job Description Summary
- Separate all pertinent information from the Veteran’s medical record
- Successfully research and document medical conditions
- Communicate with VBMS for CAPRI checks if needed
- Make sure the case is complete before the scheduled exam
- Maintain the correct status in OMS for each case
- Researching both common and uncommon medical conditions