Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Director (MD) is a key member of the market leadership team who shares responsibility for employed clinic outcomes with other members of the market team. The Medical Director is responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her clinics of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains collegial relationships with employed physicians in order to support the business efforts of the organization
- Conducts and directs functional Patient Care Coordination (PCC) meetings
- Implement market initiatives and holds teams accountable for metrics/performance. Ensures processes and procedures are aligned with the business objectives
- Quality: Identifies, directs, and executes continuous quality improvement activities to achieve federal quality metrics as well as other quality initiatives/targets, to include but not limited to, primary care medical home and joint commission
- Risk adjustment: Understands and executes on risk adjustment initiatives
- Attends and actively engages in leadership meetings
- Market Operations is the dyad partner. Expected to work collaboratively with operations and matrix partners
- Mentors and coaches medical group providers
- Works in matrix relationship with cost and care team as well as QRA/Care 360 and other market and matrix partners
- Expected to become competent in Tableau and other informatics/reports required to achieve market metrics/objectives
- Required to manage direct reports, complete all necessary HR evaluations, and other items related to managing direct reports
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Texas Medical License
- Valid DEA
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Texas, TX, medical director