Seeking a Medical Collections Specialist to support a fast paced, busy medical company. The company specializes in Pain Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Laboratory Services, Diagnostic Testing and DME!
All applicants must have experience as a Medical Collector supporting a medium/large medical company with collections on physician services and medical procedures!
- Full time hours
- Pay: $17.00 - $18.00/hour
- Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Competitive benefits package including comprehensive healthcare plan
- 9 paid holidays & 3 weeks PTO
- Retirement IRA matching plan
- Position works out of a corporate office in League City, Texas
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews patient bills for accuracy and completeness; obtains missing information.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid rules and guidelines
- Utilize a combination of electronic health record (EHR) and paper patient records to duties; maintain an accurate, legally compliant medical record.
- Process claims as they are paid and credit accounts accordingly
- Review insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discounts
- Review denials or partially paid claims and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy.
- Manage assigned accounts ensuring outstanding/pending claims are paid in a timely manner and contact appropriate parties to collect payment.
- Communicate with health care providers, patients, insurance claim representatives and other parties to clarify billing issues and facilitate timely payment.
- Consult supervisor, team members and appropriate resources to solve billing and collection questions and issues.
- Maintain work operations and quality by following standards, policies and procedures; escalate compliance issues to supervisor.
- Prepare reports and forms as directed and in accordance with established policies.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Function as contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year or more recent experience as a Medical Collector in a similar role
- Internet, email, MS Office and data entry skills required.
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of patient and client information
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology
- Must be able to move about the facility, squat, reach, pull lift, and use hands and fingers and other fine motor tasks.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
TalentWell is a National recruitment firm with headquarters located in Houston Texas. We specialize in contract-to-hire and permanent placement positions across a number of industries including oil & gas, manufacturing, and healthcare. We offer all of our employee’s excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans. TalentWell is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce.