Location: Houston, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work in a clinical environment in Katy TX
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in patient care coordination, such as answering multi-phone lines and assisting patients through the registration process. Collect all insurance information, verify demographics and process payments for copays and post-patient balances. Discharge patients.
- Assist with clerical duties such as filing, faxing, and scanning documentation.
- Direct experience with performing clinical intake, patient date collection (e.g. chief complaint, allergies, medical history including current medications, social history and vitals)
- Perform Laboratory specimen collections for blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collections, point of care testing, ekg, application of orthopedic devices such as splints, performing basic wound care. Fitting patients with crutches.
- Prior experience with employer health services such as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing and DOT physicals preferred but not required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1 year of prior customer service experience or experience in a medical office setting.
- Completion of medical assistant training program and or a minimum of 3 years direct patient care experience performing medical assistant duties in an urgent care, physician practice or emergency room setting.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of basic computer software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]