Do you pride yourself on providing exceptional patient care and your attention to detail? Are you thorough at conducting evaluations and performing diagnostics? If so, this is a great opportunity to develop your career. The company is the largest provider for Disability and Occupational Health medical examinations and diagnostic testing services.
Summary The Medical Assistant assists in the interviews and examinations of patients, measures vital signs and records information on patients' charts, draws and collects blood and urine samples, prepares specimens for laboratory analysis, and conducts a variety of diagnostic tests.
- Strong patient care skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Assist questions and information during the evaluation
- Performs diagnostic procedures: 12-lead electrocardiograms, proficient venipuncture, urine drug testing collection and preparation of lab specimens, pulmonary function test (PFTs), arterial flow Doppler studies, and other clinical diagnostics as needed
- Prepare rooms, ensuring all equipment is clean and presentable
- If fluent in other languages, translate information to patients and staff
- Perform front office duties as well as maintaining medical records
- Ensure accuracy data entry, worksheets, and reports.
- Review each exam report for accuracy before submission to the physician for approval
- Assists in the retrieval of diagnostic tests for scanning into system
- Ensure timely and accurate submittal of reports