NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Overview of the role:
- Creatively address business goals and challenges with best-in-class brand and marketing recommendations.
- Develops campaigns that include clear KPIs and drive positive ROMI for the business.
- Manages a multi-million dollar marketing budget, provides leadership to marketing specialists and proactively manages agency relationships & workstreams that span a matrixed environment in order to deliver integrated marketing campaigns for assigned region(s), product(s), and/or business unit(s).
- You are an equal parts marketer, problem-solver, and leader with strong creative sensibilities, analytical skills, and business acumen. You enjoy leading a cross-functional team toward a common goal and pulling together channel experts to execute omnichannel campaigns that deliver brand awareness, consideration, and ultimately, growth via sales, cross-sales, and retention.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns and refreshes including management of assigned budget and KPI tracking in addition to campaign deliverables and execution.
- Manages campaign development process, timelines, and expectations with agency partners from initial briefing through post-campaign performance reporting. Provides clear and consistent direction to agencies, vendors, direct reports, and cross-functional stakeholders, including feedback on design and copy to ensure consistency, accuracy and excellence of all materials produced.
- Manages an annual budget and expectations associated with campaign outputs such as forecasted call volume, web traffic, sales, etc.
- Optimizes budget, timelines and quality by determining the most cost-effective/timely method for producing each marketing element and agilely adjusts for market dynamics and competitive threats.
- Works with agency partners and internal analytics team to ensure proper campaign tracking and reporting of KPIs and ROMI as well as to identify untapped market opportunities. Has an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys seeing things through from identifying a problem or opportunity to designing creative solutions and measuring the associated outcomes to inform future campaigns.
- Proactively liaises with peer marketing and communications teams to ensure materials are produced efficiently and on time in support of streamlined, omnichannel launch including offline, online, events, influencer campaigns and public relations activities.
- Will have financial responsibility of up to $5M USD
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with the resourcefulness to find ways to accomplish tasks without detailed instructions.
- Skilled at analyzing data to identify opportunities in the market and recommend marketing strategies and tactics to address. Experience with above the line media planning for campaigns with $1M+ budget required.
- Organized, self-starter with project management skills, analytical mindset, and business acumen.
- Partner marketing and relationship management strongly preferred.
- Medium-to-advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- 4-year degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or similar
- Advanced degree a plus (MBA or similar)
- 8+ years’ experience, energy industry experience a plus
- First-hand experience developing marketing programs from identifying the market opportunity, recommending strategies, gaining business alignment, and executing the resulting campaigns.
- Campaign management from initial briefing, through creative concepts to development, production, and media planning/buying/tracking and reporting on KPIs.
- Experience across both ATL and BTL channels.
- Experience with Test and Learn the methodology
- Has managed direct reports and cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Not required but any digital marketing certifications would be a plus
- Work is primarily sedentary (desk work at a computer)
- The role is based in open work environment within the marketing team at the Greenway Office
- Infrequent travel as required by the business related to campaigns
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships:
- Mentors and contributes to the development of Marketing Specialists, Rotational Analysts, and Interns
- Manage workstreams with 3rd party agencies, including creative, media, partnership/sponsors, and production vendors.
- Collaborates and build effective working relationships across the broader organization including but not limited to: Digital, Customer Experience, Public Relations, Analytics, Sales, GTM, Commercial, Legal and Finance
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources