Responsible for qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to assist in evaluating effectiveness of services and programs. Collaborates with various stakeholders to develop, conduct and analyze market research studies with emphasis on identifying market needs and providing insight on customer issues and concerns. Makes data-driven recommendations based on findings. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Deploys market research projects using a variety of methodologies (onsite/online/phone surveys, focus groups, usability/user testing, etc.) based on project goals and objectives.
- Collects and analyzes data gathered from internal and external sources, distilling results into clear and concise reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Shares applicable research findings within the Communications department and with agency stakeholders for continual enhancement of the customer experience.
- Works with stakeholders to identify potential projects that could benefit from market research components.
- Drafts, revises and finalizes requests for proposals, survey instruments and presentation materials.
- Determines sampling criteria, research methodologies and screener for market research studies, providing guidance and direction to any and all vendors selected for each project.
- Utilizes necessary software to organize and analyze data from market research surveys and other consumer-based studies.
- Measures the effectiveness of marketing, advertising and communications programs and strategies.
- Provides market research and consulting to other departments.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Data Science or related field.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum five (5) years’ in a professional environment where market research is conducted. Experience must include collection and analysis of data and/or information to advance business goals. Direct experience completing qualitative and/or quantitative research projects. Hands-on experience developing instrument design and sampling criteria preferred. Experience in public transportation is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Strong computer and data analysis skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Intermediate level proficiency with one or more of the following: Google Data Studio, online survey software and questionnaire tools or statistical analysis software. Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines. Strong attention to detail and quality control is essential. Strong interpersonal and communications (written/verbal) skills.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.