At Staffmark Group our vision is to Change the World one person, one job, one community at a time. Each of us has the power to change the world. And when a group of people come together with a common goal, anything is possible. With each hire, we aim to enrich lives, help companies thrive, and drive community growth. Together, we can make the world a better place. Will you join us in this vision?
Staffmark Group is seeking a Selling Branch Manager/Market Manager to drive the sales and manage the operations of a branch while leading a team in SW Houston, TX! You will also be responsible for supervising and directing a staff composed of Recruiting Managers and Recruiting Specialists responsible for servicing employment needs of customers in a given geographical area. You will develop and maintain excellent customer relationships, promotes new business, investigates and resolves day-to-day problems and issues.
Among the many opportunities in this role, the Market Manager is responsible for:
- Responsible for the overall financial operation and profitability of the branch. Assists in the preparation of detailed annual budget including projected hours, sales, operating expenses, gross margin and profit contributions. Reviews and analyzes financial and general management reports, including profit and loss statements and sales reports/analyses. Maximizes profitability of the branch by developing and monitoring the pay/bill structure to ensure proper gross margin levels. Ensures order fill rates for temporary assignments, temp-to-hire and direct hire placements meet or exceed established targets for the branch.
- Provides overall management direction and support to branch employees. Establishes priorities in office activities. Maintains an efficient and skilled staff by interviewing, hiring and training employees. Schedules, assigns, and reviews work of staff. Responsible for appraising employee performance, recommending status and salary changes, and maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures. Ensure timely and accurate payment of wages to staff by overseeing the submission of payroll boards, where applicable.
- Promotes understanding and teamwork in the organization by maintaining open channels of communication with superiors, peers, and subordinates. Discusses problems or possible problems with staff and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure staff is aligned with branch and company goals.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with Company services by monitoring current activity, making adjustments to plans or services as needed. Makes regular in-person visits to customers to ensure satisfaction and to identify additional customer needs and opportunities to grow business. Arranges job shadows and other value-added services.
- Prepares and generates a variety of reports for management, staff, corporate and others. Reviews and analyzes various reports (including incoming reports), giving special consideration to potential problem areas and share information with appropriate individuals.
- Manages customer relations issues. Investigates and resolves customer/employee problems and issues and inform appropriate personnel of problems and opportunities. Researches and answers employee/client questions. Monitors and follows-up on account receivables in conjunction with the Credit/Collections department. Monitors and follows-up on delinquent customer accounts.
- Participates in the branch goal-setting process; provides input to management regarding the branch's short-and long-range business plans. Plans future staffing needs and organizes methods of servicing future orders.
- Increases sales and profits for the Company by generating new business. Prepares and presents proposals for new business, negotiates terms of new business, and adhere to established parameters. Monitors external environment, scan advertising media for business opportunities, and contact companies currently advertising for new employees. Coordinates sales efforts and assures maximum efficiency.
- Interfaces with other branches and departments within the entire organization. Share information on customers, employees, orders, and other issues with appropriate personnel. Informs appropriate personnel of problems and opportunities.
- Enhances Company image in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with local organizations and community leaders. Participates in local organizations and job fairs and make presentations for various organizations.
- Ensures that office staff verifies all I-9's and conducts and documents background/drug screens (if required by customer) prior to employee being sent on assignment.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with Company quality programs and processes including delete compliance, as well as cooperating with audits, developing staff and branch objectives as required.
- Regularly performs Account Manager duties (interviewing and placements).
- Must be available for on-call duty after hours and on weekends. May require shift work.
The Staffmark Group experience is more than just a job.
- Opportunity. We are proud to be a part of RGF Staffing, a Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., company – one of the largest staffing firms in the world. As an active contributor to the company, professional development and career advancement opportunities will be within your grasp!
- Award-winning teamwork. We have earned industry-leading recognition, such as ClearlyRated's 2020 Best of Staffing Client Diamond and Best of Staffing Talent Awards.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. Racism and discrimination have no place in our world and will not be tolerated by our company. We celebrate our differences and capitalize on them to promote creativity and equality, and to help change our world for the better. Every individual who works with us will be treated with respect, without exception.
- An engaging culture. Do you do your best work when you are challenged, inspired, and having fun? Us too! That is why the tenure of our internal staff is well-above the industry average.
- Excellent benefits. Our team's health and life balance are important to us, so we offer competitive pay, cutting edge benefits, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and consistent recognition for a job well done.
- Training and support excellence. Bring your talent and commitment, and we'll provide the tools and resources you need to be successful on the job.
- Longevity and security – with over 50 years in the business and a national network of over 400 locations, we offer unlimited opportunities with tremendous growth potential.
- Learn more about us at www.staffmarkgroup.com
Staffmark Group, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories.