Wood is currently recruiting for a GIS Specialist with experience in MAOP (Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure) in the oil and gas industry.
- Reviews and organizes engineering documentation for natural gas pipeline as-built construction.
Data analyst must have the skill set to understand, analyze and document applicable technical
records for transmission range pipe for specified locations along a pipeline system. Site
understanding (compressor stations, meter stations, main line valve assemblies, etc.) is also a
desired skill set but is not a primary consideration.
- Performs comparative analysis of related records by clearly and concisely identifying potential
data anomalies and resolving critical data element discrepancies.
- Correlates identified technical documents (bill of materials, purchase orders, mill test reports,
hydrostatic test reports, etc.) against baseline GIS data and understand any gaps that may exist
between the two datasets.
- Assists in the ongoing development and execution of quality assurance/quality control
- Follows documented, standard work processes, document results, updates records per protocol
and published business rules, and communicates progress/issues to business unit leads.
Skills / Qualifications
- Possess above average organizational skills, critical thinking and decision making capabilities and
is very detail oriented.
- Ability to work both individually, within a team structure, and willing to take direction from
management and experienced subject matter experts. Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working and organizing large volumes of documents and data for effective and
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and protocols efficiently and be able to apply new
- Possess above average communication skills to be able to convey issues/scenarios/analysis
- Experience with MS Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to
understand and assimilate training on a specialized MAOP verification database tool used to
record data analysis work.
- General understanding of GIS concepts and software is desired but not required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.