Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician
- Location: Houston, TX
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Salary: $21/hr based on Experience Paid Weekly (Benefits are Available)
- Employment Type: 6-month contract
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company’s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.
- This position is responsible for being technical support person for aseptic filling processes in Viral Vector. This person has experience with GMP manufacturing processes and will perform process transfer or drop in transfer from customers. The individual is a subject matter expert for various aspects in process understanding and process analysis and is expected to question and solve on tasks when clarification or greater technical expertise is required. This individual may provide immediate supervision or assign tasks to a unit or group of employees.
2+ years of biotech industry exp./0-3 years for PhD in process development and process scale up manufacturing.
- GMP manufacturing support (Viral Vector or Cell and Gene Therapy preferred), current Good Manufacturing Practices, US / EU regulations.
• Knowledge of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, filtration and intermediate knowledge of statistical data analysis.
• Knowledge of statistical data analysis.
• Strong communication, technical writing, organizational and interpersonal skills; Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.); Experienced in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture;
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision making; Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; The capacity to motivate and encourage others.