BUSINESS: RV- TapcoEnpro
LOCATION: Channelview, TX
DIRECT REPORTING: Mfg. Manager
The primary duty of a Manufacturing Lead- Welder is overseeing and directing the activities of the Welding employees. They may assign personnel to specific tasks or stations, monitor processes to ensure that employees perform them correctly, and monitor the entire welding process to prevent delays and provide instruction. This aspect of the role requires the Manufacturing Lead to ensure that individuals work together and effectively communicate to prevent delays.
• Analyses Work Orders and associated Engineering Drawings to determine the need for supplies and sequence of operations required and to assign work to Welders based on their individual performance qualifications.
• Requisitions welding supplies.
• Inspects work of Welders, or confers with Inspection to maintain specified standards and quality.
• Partners with QA to develop additional weld procedures and welder performance qualifications, procuring materials and performing weld coupons.
• Maintains and drives the welder certification process.
• Performs all necessary welder functions, based upon individual certifications.
• Trains workers in the operation of equipment.
• Partners with QA to update drawings and product routings to indicate current weld procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• At least 8 years of experience
• Understanding of different materials
• Able to read drawings
• Frontline leadership skills
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be flexible on overtime
• Travel may be required
• High School diploma/GED
• GTAW certification
• SMAW certification
• FCAW certificationGMAW certification
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities