Turner Industries Group is looking for Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians for maintenance work at a manufacturing facility in the Galena Park, TX area.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- 40 Hours, Overtime as needed
- The successful candidate will be local - per diem and relocation are not available for this position
- NCCER Certification preferred
- Experience in high speed packaging or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting and programming PLCs, Allen-Bradley preferred
- Experience with motor controls, including across the line contactors, VFDs and soft starters.
- Knowledgeable in instrumentation, including control valves, level, temperature, pressure and flow meters.
- Experience with relay logic.
- Familiarity with pneumatic controls.
- Familiarity with industrial communications protocols, including Hart, Profibus and Ethernet.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and/or repairing high voltage circuits (up to 480v),
- Must be capable of interpreting JIC & DIN electrical schematics, ANSI electronic schematics, P&ID's, loop diagrams, electrical 'single lines', and logic documentation.
- Must possess analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems. Technician should be able to call upon previous experience, documented procedures and practices or manufacturer literature to resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. Technician should have ability to recognize an issue and respond accordingly, without direction
- Strong documentation skills for recording all activities and communications pertaining to problems and solutions
- Strong computer skills, including using Microsoft Office software
General Job Description:
Conducts calibration of instrumentation both electronic and pneumatic, field and control room, and installation of instrument loops.
Receives, inventories and catalogs instruments for calibration according to construction schedule; sets up calibration and loop files; checks on installation of instrument loops; coordinates and runs (or assists) in loop checks, to include checkout with computer as required; maintains installation and completion records; keeps loop drawings, installs air tubing and control tubing runs, works start up following start up procedures; inspects meters, indicators and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations; test accuracy of flow meters' pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in the system; removes defective instruments from system and decontaminates, disassembles and cleans instruments and replaces defective parts; lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing; keeps loop drawings, installs air tubing and control tubing runs, works start up following start up procedures.
Employee may be required to provide the following: tool box, tube cutters, blade terminating screwdriver, channel lock pliers, vise grips, center punch, screw driver, set if combination wrenches, adjustable wrench set, nut driver, small dikes, rain suit
Turner Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
SPECIAL WARNING: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY OR ANYTHING OF VALUE TO PERSONS WHO STATE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY OR GET A DEBIT/CASH CARD FOR PURPOSES OF THE DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR HIRING OFFICE AT [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] BEFORE AGREEING TO PAY FOR A DRUG/ALCOHOL TEST