For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Manufacturing Engineer will join our team with ERC, a JETS teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Provide expertise and experience in advanced manufacturing engineering to lead and drive innovations throughout the manufacturing facility, enhancing manufacturing technical operations.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), Best Practices and facility process capabilities.
- Review and add Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T) to drawings per ASME Y14.5.
- Enhance designs for specific manufacturing methods (for example, 5-axis vs. 3-axis CNC, rapid prototyping, etc.).
- Efficiently coordinate manufacturing efforts from early design through manufacturing and assembly.
- Identify long lead-time raw materials, components, services, etc. and assist in procurement to preserve project schedules.
- Estimate manufacturing/shop processing times for a variety of machined or fabricated parts and assemblies for accurate planning and scheduling purposes.
- Assist in materials and hardware procurement process.
- Clarify customer requests and coordinate the input of Customer project requirements to the Manufacturing team.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with shop floor and outside vendors.
- Monitor and communicate progress of Customer's projects through Manufacturing.
- Promptly communicate with Project Engineers on drawing updates/redlines and corrections.
- Develop assembly procedures and processes, including alternative assembly methods.
- Identify hardware and special tooling requirements for assembly operations.
- Perform other duties as required.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience. -OR-
- BS degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years related experience, or MS degree and two (2) years of related experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university -OR-
- Associated technical degree or two (2) years of college with courses in engineering or associated disciplines, and twelve (12) years of related experience (or a BS degree with ten (10) years of related experience will also be acceptable).
- Position requires specialized and extensive knowledge of engineering principles gained through long and varied work
- experience in field of specialty
- Excellent verbal communication and written presentation skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in utilizing software tools such as MRP, AutoCAD, Creo (version 5 preferred), MasterCAM, Microsoft Word and Excel, Office, Outlook, and Project.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes, mills, composites and sheet metal fabrication.
- Experience with aerospace exotic metals manufacturing and machining including (but not limited to) aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy, and Inconel.
- Able to make independent, technical, and tactical decisions with a high attentiveness to detail.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five+ (5+) years of related engineering experience.
- 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes, mills, composites, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing degree and ten years of experience in the field.
- Experience with machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and composites manufacturing.
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense or Automotive manufacturing environment.
- A familiarity with the NASA/JSC hardware development and Engineering Life Cycle processes.
- A working knowledge of the NASA/JSC drawing system JSC 8500.4, the Engineering Drawing Control Center (EDCC) and Design and Data Management System (DDMS).
- Familiarity of quality procedures and documentation for Class 1 Flight Hardware, including material test reports, certificates of compliance, and heat treat and other quality records.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.