ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Provide expertise and experience in manufacturing engineering to lead and drive innovations throughout the
- manufacturing facility, enhancing manufacturing technical operations.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support for Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Best Practices and facility process capabilities.
- Add Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T) to drawings per ASME Y14.5.
- Operational experience with Additive Manufacturing machines including the Stratasys Fortus 400MC, Objet machines and preprocessing software.
- Experience in the post processing of 3D printed parts where clean up and some hand work is required.
- Coordinate manufacturing efforts from early design through manufacturing and assembly.
- Carry out assignments in 3D printing of non-metallic parts and assemblies
- Maintain a neat, orderly and safe work area.
- Identify long lead materials and fasteners and assist in procurement to preserve project schedules.
- Estimate manufacturing/shop processing times for a variety of parts and assemblies for planning and scheduling purposes.
- Assist in materials and hardware procurement process.
- Clarify customer requests and coordinate the input of project requirements into Manufacturing.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with shop floor and outside vendors.
- Monitor progress of Customer requests through Manufacturing.
- Communicate with Project Engineers on drawing updates/redlines and corrections.
- Develop assembly procedures and processes, including alternative assembly methods.
- Identify hardware and special tooling requirements for assembly operations.
- Promote and practice Safety in the Manufacturing Organization maintaining awareness of and implementing all applicable safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years related experience, or MS degree and two (2) years of related experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Associated technical degree or two (2) years of college with courses in engineering or associated disciplines, and twelve (12) years of related experience (or a BS degree with ten (10) years of related experience will also be acceptable).
- Position requires specialized and extensive knowledge of engineering principles gained through long and varied work experience in field of specialty.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes, mills, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Experience with aerospace metals manufacturing including aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy, and Inconel.
- Strong computer skills and experience in utilizing software tools such as Creo (version 5 preferred), Microsoft Word and Excel, Office, Outlook, and Project.
- Able to make independent, technical and tactical decisions with a high attentiveness to detail.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes, mills, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Experience in operating 3D printers (Markforged x & and metal x a definite plus).
- Experience with repairing stl files using Magics or NetFabb (desirable, but not mandatory).
- Interest in operating metal additive manufacturing machines, such as the Laser Engineered Net Shape (LENS) system
- Experience with machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and composites manufacturing.
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense or Automotive manufacturing environment.
- A familiarity with the NASA/JSC hardware development and Engineering Life Cycle processes.
- A working knowledge of the NASA/JSC drawing system JSC 8500.4, the Engineering Drawing Control Center (EDCC) and Design and Data Management System (DDMS).
- Familiarity of quality procedures and documentation for Class 1 Flight Hardware, including material test reports, certificates of compliance, and heat treat and other quality records.
- Experience in operating standard hand tools, power tools, shop equipment, and measuring instruments, including, but not limited to:
- Drill Press
- Sanders and grinders
- Micrometers and Calipers
- Experience with metal coatings and platings.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule