Manufacturing Engineer I.
This role will be responsible for partnering with operations in order to improve and maximize productivity for production related activities in the Assembly and Machining departments of the plant. This position also works to assist in new product launches, ensuring a flawless launch as the product moves to manufacturing. This role works under the direction of the Plant Manager and is a member of the site leadership team.
In this role you will:
• Propose, coordinate and implement projects related safety, quality, cost reduction and continuous improvement, and new product development
• Own site cost out improvement process/report out
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve manufacturing productivity throughout the facility.
• Train, coach, and challenge project owners in the use of lean and statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create process management and measurement systems.
• Evaluate and recommend best solutions to given problems weighing economic return and compatibility with layout of plant facilities.
• Investigate and solve problems in manufacturing of products. Perform manufacturing methods studies to determine optimum process and methods.
• Support manufacturing processes related to sheet metal (stamping, bending, welding and powder paint), machining and electrical products assembly.
• Partner with design engineers to ensure that new product designs incorporate provisions for maximum manufacturing economy
• Identify new equipment and manufacturing technologies and make recommendations regarding equipment, plan changes in manufacturing facilities, including material flow and plant design. Prepare capital appropriations as required.
• Develop operational procedures and manufacturing routings and production standards.
• Implement cost reduction projects for methods, processes, and materials on present manufactured products by using lean manufacturing principles such as kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma methodology.
• Partner with EHS Function to ensure Machine Guarding and Electrical Safety processes are standardized and followed while building culture of focus on safety
• Champion designated MESH category areas to close out actions and ensure compliance
• Owns Capitol Appropriation Request Appropriations for facility
• Administer and lead Management of Change process for product and process launches
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience supporting operations/production
• Minimum 3 years of Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma
• Must be legally authorized to work in the Client States without company sponsorship.
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering. Other degrees considered when combined with applicable professional experience.
• Six sigma green belt / black belt
• Hands-on experience in Assembly, Machining (CNC & Manual), Sheet Metal, Fabricating and/or Maintenance environment.
• SAP experience/skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
• Results oriented candidate that can drive the necessary activities to get things accomplished.
• Able to see opportunities for synergy and integration, can simplify complex processes and gets more out of fewer resources.
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Ability to lead and work cross functionally