For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating), to include case management, coordination of care, and medical management consulting
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple groups of employees and/or customers (internal or external)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence
- 5+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an outpatient setting, hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role (manager, supervisor, team lead, etc.)
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Dedicated office space and access to high speed internet capability in your home
- BSN or MSN
- A background in managed care
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Solid organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
- Project management experience
- Quality or Six Sigma experience
- Experience managing a remote team
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: : Case Management, Case Manager, Manager, Management, Supervision, RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, CCM, discharge planning, utilization review, concurrent review, managed care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote