Kinder Morgan is moving the fuels of today for the energy of the future. From the natural gas that heats your home to the gasoline that fuels your vehicle, our pipeline and terminal assets provide the necessary infrastructure to meet today’s growing global energy demand and play a key role in the low-carbon energy transition of the future.
Plans, controls and directs real estate activities such as site location and acquisition, purchase/sale /lease negotiation, building and land acquisition and disposition, real property leasing and property management.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Negotiate terms of real estate transactions, including, purchase/sale contracts and leases.
- Coordinate with landlords and business unit representatives to negotiate lease renewals and amendments.
- Prepare/review documents for legal review; secure all necessary levels of approval on transactions.
- Order and review appraisals, title work and surveys, and facilitate closings.
- Prepare transaction analysis, compile lease abstracts, and generate/distribute periodic reports, including lease expirations and critical dates, rent roll, comprehensive property lists, and 10K reporting.
- Manage all aspects of the real estate and lease administration database (ProLease).
- Responsible for the interpreting and advising aspects of leases and subleases including, resolution of tenant default issues and lease compliance issues.
- Direct brokers on marketing properties and preparation of market analysis.
- Interact with a variety of management levels and departments, including Environmental Remediation, Legal, ROW, and Tax.
- Produce comprehensive and professional written correspondence and provide concise and accurate information as needed through inter-corporate correspondence and emails.
- A Bachelor’s degree (emphasis on Real Estate preferred).
Experience / specific knowledge:
- 7+ years’ experience in Real Estate, Contracts, Real Estate Law (Lease administration or related field a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Possess ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
- Work efficiently without supervision.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Real estate designation/association or advanced degree a plus (i.e. Broker License, legal, CCIM, CoreNet, etc.).
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal), organization, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with levels of management and employees in corporate, regional and field offices with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Work effectively across all Business Units.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance.
- Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Based in Houston Headquarters with a Hybrid-Remote Pilot Program available along with a 9/80 Work Schedule.
- Travel may be required across a broad geographic region, as determined by Hiring Manager.
- Job level and salary commensurate with experience and skill sets.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone and respond as needed during working and non-working hours.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
KINDER MORGAN OFFERS:
- Competitive wages; job level and salary commensurate with experience and skill sets
- 401(k) Savings Plans
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.Kinder Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.