Manager, Government Contracts & Compliance, e-Mobility
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Manager for Government Contracts & Compliance to ensure that ABB understands, implements, and complies with government contracting requirements. Historic government investment in EV charging is driving the E-mobility market forward, including grants, financial assistance, formula funds, procurements and more. You will be our resident expert to help us navigate the unique government compliance requirements associated with these investments. You will be responsible for creating and implementing a full life-cycle government contract and compliance program and workflow. You will work closely with ABB e-Mobility legal, sales, finance and technology teams.
This position reports to
Public Affairs Manager
- Establish & Execute Government Compliance Program: Create, from the ground up, a full lifecycle government contracts compliance program including: setting up government administrative accounts (e.g., SAM), bidding RFPs, negotiating government clauses and terms, maintaining auditable compliance documentation, project close-out documentation.
- Establish and support effective process and controls to ensure that we are complying with government contracting and regulatory requirements
- Advise Business on Gov’t Contract Requirements: Advise internal teams, including sales, legal, and technical teams, on government contracts, grants, and financial assistance requirements, including, but not limited to: domestic preferences (Buy America/n Acts), cyber security (NIST 800-171) prevailing wages and labor laws, payment terms, warranty, supplier eligibility, representations and certifications, small and disadvantaged businesses.
- Advise legal and sales teams on flow down requirements from prime contractors, impacts and risks of gov’t terms and conditions.
- Compliance & Integrity Training and Continuous Improvement: Create and manage training program to ensure relevant team member are aware of and trained on gov’t contracting and integrity requirements
- Identify weaknesses and propose and implement program for continuous improvement of government compliance program
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in government contracting and compliance
- Demonstrated understand and experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFARS), and other agencies.
- Working knowledge of federal government systems such as PIEE, WAWF, myInvoice, FFATA, eSRS, SAM
- Familiarity with contracting practices and procedures of the General Services Administration (GSA)
- Familiarity with financial assistance, grants, and formula funding with agencies like: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and others.
- Working knowledge of commercial contracts and agreements with non-governmental entities
- and proven verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have excellent and proven presentation skills
- Must have excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and project management with an attention to detail
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and collaboratively required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid