Work you'll do
This position is to give financial support for the Enabling Areas. This role will support FP&A organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of two Enabling channels, Office of General Counsel (OGC) and Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP). The role will communicate with executive leaders in the firm and play a critical role in partnering with them to make operation and strategic decisions. Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills are essential.
About the Team
The Finance Business Partner organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of the business leaders of the firm. The Finance Business Partner will support the Business Partner organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of OGC and R&BP organizations.
In providing finance-related services to the business, the Finance Manager will support in the following areas:
- Manage periodic projection, annual forecasting, and annual planning
- Explain, analyze, and present financial performance
- Identify and prioritize operation challenges, risks and opportunities while recommending action plans
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance
- Collaborate with Operation leaders to meet their demands
- Work with leaders to successfully implement the operating plan and long-term strategy
- Support the business in protecting, growing and optimizing the assets of the Firm
- Continuously improve FP&A's organizational efficiency and effectiveness by leading and participating in internal change initiatives
- Coordinate and execute with Controllership COE and R&A COE (Shared Service) for forecasting and financial reporting
- Participate in training and development
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm (consulting client service experience preferred)
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Extensive experience with Financial Reporting and Analysis and Planning
- Deep understanding of accounting and finance transactions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, self-starter
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related subject. Advanced business degree or CPA preferred.
Capability and Skillset Requirements
- Accountability for Results: Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Creating Quality Deliverables: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and others team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Accounting: Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
Technology or Other Requirements
- Preferred understanding of SAP, BPC, Essbase and other financial applications
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86,425 to $159,165.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.