At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Manager, Enterprise Security will be a key leadership role within the Enterprise Security function of a Fortune 200 company. This position, reporting to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Security and Facilities, will coordinate with various stakeholders across the Company in order to deliver security solutions. Additionally, this position will work closely with other members of the Enterprise Security function to enhance security services as well as develop functional strategies and direction.
- Collaborate with various locations in the development and execution strategy for site security plans.
- Deliver security-specific training to locations, and employees across the Company.
- Work closely with other members of the Enterprise Security team in the development and implementation of Enterprise Security Management Practices
- Oversee the execution of our national contract for uniformed guard services.
- Manage regulatory security programs such as CFATS, MTSA, and the physical security component to NERC-CIP.
- Serve as a project manager for physical security buildouts at various locations.
- Manage various security-related contracts, including relationships with account managers, with external vendors.
- Work with NRG locations to assist in budgeting for security-related services, systems, and maintenance programs.
- Maintain an active liaison program with federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, industry security practitioners, and sources in the public and private sectors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with various business units across the organization (HR, Legal, IT, Compliance, HSE, etc.) in order to deliver risk-based security solutions across the enterprise.
- Manage the Enterprise Security investigations program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Security Management, Criminal Justice or a related degree.
- At least 10 years security management experience (military, government, law enforcement) with a minimum of 5 years in a corporate environment working in the security functional group with experience in overseeing security and crisis management in complex environments.
- A solid understanding of regulatory programs such as CFATS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards), and MTSA (Maritime Transportation Security Act).
- Ability to communicate with leadership across the organization
- Master’s degree
- Experience in building risk-based security practices and standards and successfully integrating them within the business.
- Experience in technical security system design (physical security infrastructure such as video management systems, electronic access control, integrated operations centers, etc.) and management.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to build relationships across various levels of leadership throughout the organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and follow-through, with the ability to overcome hurdles and keep projects moving despite limited resources.
- Exceptional teamwork, with a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams on transformational new ideas that disrupt the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated expertise in communicating new, out-of-the-box ideas.
- Hybrid work schedule that includes a combination of in-office and remote work from home days.
- Travel is required approximately 25% of the time.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources