Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager of IT Acquisitions/Integrations is responsible for leading/driving/managing the IT Team (PMs and Analysts) along with the IT Project Portfolio focused on the integration of newly acquired clinics or entities as well as Real Estate projects that require IT support in creating new clinic locations, clinic relocations, clinic expansions and clinic remodels. Also, is responsible for the successful implementation of an operating model that scales. Apply continuous improvements through lessons learned that will meet the demands for growth. Responsible for the successful delivery of all IT software / hardware aspects of these projects which includes Applications, Desktop, Network, Telephony, Security / Compliance, Application migration, decommission, etc. The Manager is accountable / responsible for implementing, managing, and improving a strong operating discipline across this domain that is consistently applied and utilized across the various projects. The Manager will oversee all aspects of the project lifecycle to ensure success in all phases of the lifecycle. The Manager is accountable / responsible for driving collaboration and accountability within the team of PMs and Analysts within the Region, as well as ensuring coordination across the other Regional teams. In addition, the Manager is responsible for the alignment and collaboration / partnership with Business partners, IT partners and Vendors.
- Leads and drives all aspects of IT Acquisitions / Integrations for WellMed within the Region. Provides leadership, program management and staff management across the domain and ensures business strategies and objectives are being met
- Defines and implements portfolio strategy / approach in collaboration with business partners
- Defines and implements IT integration strategy / approach for all acquired entities
- Develops, mentors, and supervises employee’s growth and development needs, sets, and ensures performance goals are clear, identifies professional and social responsibility commitments, and manages career progression and advancement opportunities Provides team leadership, management, coaching, etc.
- Provides Change Management leadership / support to acquired entities
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Reviews deliverables prepared by the Project Team and provides recommendations for improvement
- Develops and delivers Progress Reports and Proposals
- Manages / defines end to end project management processes including developing, improving, and ensuring projects adherence to the established project management methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures. Effectively applies company Project Management methodology and enforces project standards and practices
- Ensures tracking, reporting, and change management is successfully communicated within WellMed
- Work with Director to establish capital and operating budgets and forecasts. Ensures working within allocated budgets and works to acquire funding when needed. Ensures estimates/actuals align with approved budgets
- Directs the initiatives that enhance WellMed’s ability to achieve its business vision, focus on developing and improving relationships with members, and enhance operational processes and technologies
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of program or project management experience leading technical projects, including development and execution
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 4+ years of general staff management experience ideally those who are working toward or have achieved certification in project management
- Experience in mobilizing teams and maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines
- Experience interacting one-on-one and consulting effectively with all levels of executive management. Ability to review and interpret data to make recommendations
- Experience developing requirements and performing system analysis
- Working knowledge of process engineering methodologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and working knowledge of Share Point
- Ability to work in the office in Houston, TX
- Ability to travel up to 50% (most of the travel will be within the Houston market)
- Out-of-town travel as deemed necessary by business need
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps
- Healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting
- Supervisory or general staff management experience
- Ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, prioritize within a portfolio and integrate into long range planning
- Ability to coach, mentor and guide activities that support best in class operations, using training and/or knowledge of nationally recognized methods such as PMBOK, Six-Sigma, etc.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Manager Acquisitions and Integrations, Integrations, Project Management, Clinic, Healthcare, Houston, TX, Texas