Applications Accepted from: All Persons Interested
Division: Planning and Grants Management
Reporting Location: 2100 Travis, Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) seeks to create a city in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD strives to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout. Since Hurricane Harvey, HCDD is managing more than one billion dollars dedicated to helping low and moderate-income families recover.
To achieve this vision, HCDD is seeking a Management Analyst IV (Process Development and Improvement) to join its Planning and Grants Management Division. The person who fills this role will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support in the development, documentation, and improvement of operational processes. This includes standard operating procedures, reference guides, work instruction, checklists, etc.
Candidates should possess excellent written communication, critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills. Highly qualified candidates will demonstrate an ability to think strategically, perform complex analyses, make reasoned recommendations, and perform with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Providing advanced level performance improvement analytical support and technical assistance in a cross-functional role in support of departmental programs, functions, and/or activities.
- Driving performance improvement through the analysis of existing processes and work practices; documentation of existing business processes; performance of root cause analyses; and recommendation and implementation of improvements.
- Mapping complex program or operational processes, performing workflow analyses, and using Visio to produce process mapping, workflow, and other diagrams.
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings and/or work or discovery sessions to gain understanding of business unit operations and work performed.
- Creating and/or revising standard operating procedures, reference guides, job aids, and other process-oriented documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Developing project plans, reports, proposals, and other written documents associated with process documentation, development, or re-engineering activities.
- Employing time management and project management strategies in developing, implementing, and adhering to work plans, timelines, and deliverable schedules.
- Coordinating with the department’s Technology Liaison where assigned process improvement work intersects with process automation efforts.
- Performing other related duties or completing special projects, as assigned.
- Confident: Self-motivated, assertive, and realistically ambitious with strong work ethic and high work standards.
- Critical Thinker: Ability to think strategically and translate/synthesize complex subject matter into clear and reasoned policy guidance, with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High-Performing: Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment, with the ability to anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent delivering on stated objectives.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage assignments in a timely manner, and deliver results under pressure.
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
This position is physically comfortable. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.