Applications Accepted from: Housing & Community Development Department Only
Division: Planning and Grants Management
Section: Strategic Learning
Reporting Location: 2100 Travis, Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) seeks to create a city in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD strives to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout. Since Hurricane Harvey, HCDD is managing more than one billion dollars dedicated to helping low and moderate-income families recover.
To achieve this vision, HCDD is seeking a Management Analyst III (Learning Assessment and Facilitation) to join its Strategic Learning team in the Planning and Grants Management Division. The person who fills this role will be responsible for conducting needs, skill and performance gap analyses and facilitating learning events.
Highly qualified candidates will have excellent communication, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Designs, develops, and implements departmental, divisional, sectional, team, and employee-based learning needs assessments and/or performs skills gap analyses.
- Partners with Instructional Designers to develop learning that provides solutions to address learning needs and/or skill gaps identified.
- Conducts focus groups to determine how successfully learning events addressed identified objectives.
- Partners with Learning Systems Administrator to research available learning opportunities in the City’s Talent Management System (TMS).
- Partners with Learning Systems Administrator to design and create learning plans, curricula, and certifications to meet the identified learning objectives.
- Researches and recommends new learning assessment methodologies.
- Coordinates employee onboarding activities and Strategic Learning communications.
- Evaluates and books event locations, performs event setup, secures, and tests appropriate technology, and captures learner attendance.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
- Confident: Self-motivated, assertive, and realistically ambitious with strong work ethic and high work standards.
- Critical Thinker: Ability to think strategically and translate/synthesize complex subject matter into clear and reasoned policy guidance, with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High-Performing: Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment, with the ability to anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent delivering on stated objectives.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage assignments in a timely manner, and deliver results under pressure.
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.