Applications Accepted from: All Persons Interested
Division: Planning and Grants Management
Reporting Location: 2100 Travis, Houston, TX 77002
Workdays & Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The City of Houston's Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) seeks to create a city in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD strives to strengthen Houston's neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor's vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout. Since Hurricane Harvey, HCDD is managing more than one billion dollars dedicated to helping low and moderate-income families recover.
HCDD is seeking a Management Analyst III for the Planning and Grants Management Division. The person in this role will provide management support for Organizational Development and Performance Improvement functions including program and policy development, process development and improvement, automation and innovation, and strategic learning, within the Planning and Grants Management Division.
Candidates for this position should possess a high level of initiative, advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills, exceptional organizational skills, and an ability to complete assignments from high-level instruction, following through to completion under limited supervision/direction.
- Organizes, plans, and follows-through on all day to day activities; coordinates meetings and special events; maintains calendars of appointments, meetings, and events; prepares materials, reserves and sets-up meeting space, and manages attendees; takes detailed notes, and identifies and documents all action items and decisions made.
- Performs extensive research for special projects; collects information on operational, technical, financial, and/or administrative problems and performs comprehensive analysis covering a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of programs, regulations, guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Reviews financial, operational, or productivity reports, identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies, inconsistencies, or errors, and compiles or summarizes relevant information.
- Composes, coordinates, tracks, formats, and compiles information for internal and external stakeholders; and proofreads and edits all documents to ensure consistency, accuracy, and clarity.
- Routinely provides diplomatic communication with all levels within the organization and with outside agencies, executives, consultants, vendors and citizens; and handles/coordinates confidential and sensitive information.
- Tracks, monitors, and provides consistent communication and regular updates on assignments, deliverables, action items, or other tasks (both pending and completed).
- Employs strategies to optimize team members time, determines priority of scheduling and manages information flow between the team and others by evaluating concerns or issues identified, researching or gathering additional information, as needed, and independently resolving issues and/or determining the need for elevation to team members or managers for resolution.
- Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
- Confident: Self-motivated, assertive, and realistically ambitious with strong work ethic.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage assignments in a timely manner, and deliver results under pressure.
- Critical Thinking: Displays well developed analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Driven: Exhibits initiative and a willingness to take ownership of assignments, add value to all efforts, and go the extra mile.
- Focused: Sets and maintains high personal work standards while demonstrating a high degree of attention to detail and quality.
This is a grant funded position subject to cancellation when funds are depleted and/or contract period ends.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.