National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages think top drives, iron roughnecks, draw works, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Pressure Control Group is currently recruiting for Machine Shop Manager to join our team at 12950 West Little York Road. The main responsibilities of this role include:
Maintain and ensure the efficient utilization of production resources, including capital equipment and human resources, to meet the operating division production, gross profit and return on asset objectives.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of staff including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Allocate the manufacturing resources to realize the production build plan for the short and long term through capital equipment recommendations and the maintenance of a skilled work force.
- Maximize shop productivity as measured by gross profit margin, performance against standards and documented cost savings.
- Develop the production organization to meet long term growth objectives while maintaining an environment, which permits maximum personal growth consistent with individual’s performance.
- Assure maximum utilization of resources to control the key variable areas within the budget of expendable supplies, non-expendable supplies, direct hours and indirect hours.
- In conjunction with the Safety Manager, continually develop, implement and maintain improved safety programs which reduce accident severity and frequency rates as a percent of hours worked.
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance Department, instill a quality-oriented attitude throughout the production organization which results in improved quality and reduced scrap/rework rates.
- Assure comprehensive maintenance program for full utilization of the production shop.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements capital expenditure plans for Machine Shop Operations consistent with Pressure Control Group capacity requirements, strategic plans, and future demand. Responsible for Scrap, Rework, and Job Closure variances for all manufacturing operations within the manufacturing facility. Responsible for establishing the demand and management of all MRO materials, tooling, and consumables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in related field.
- Able to manage budget for assigned department.
- Able to read and interpret production drawings.
- Able to train and lead others.
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Managing the Assembly and Testing operations in the manufacture of Pressure Control Systems equipment.
- Experience in Monitoring and Managing day to day operations to meet throughput requirements, efficiency, utilization, and productivity.
- Experience in troubleshooting operations based problems and implementing improvement solutions to drive down costs, improve quality and achieve on-time delivery.
- Developing Direct Reports
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Time Management
- Data driven decision making
- Oracle EBS
- Microsoft Office
- Rig Office