Cypress Creek Personnel is NOW HIRING
Position: Machine Operator II
Job Location: La Porte, TX
Summary of the Role
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator will be to operate CNC and/or Manual Machines in the manufacture of parts supporting our overall production team and process and other tasks as instructed by supervisors. Perform basic maintenance on equipment and maintain a safe working environment and good housekeeping conditions.
· Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures. Help create a safety culture and actively engage the workforce in projects that will help reach our journey to zero incidents.
· Operate CNC and/or Manual machinery used in the production process or assist other machine operators.
· Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities.
· Keep work area clean and organized.
· Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
· Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
· Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
· Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using the hoist.
· Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators identification of the appropriate tools and equipment needed to complete the job
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas. Other duties deemed necessary by management.
Skills and Abilities
- Team player - able to work closely with cross-functional groups
- Good “hands-on” working approach
- Strong mechanical maintenance experience and strong knowledge hand and power tools
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Able to work independently, identify problems and improve downtime of equipment
- Strong organizational and project management abilities - managing multiple concurrent projects, diverse resources, and complex situations
- Computer literacy in MS Office and drawings
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience; on Trumpf, Amada or similar CNC laser cutting machines (TruDisk/TruFlow preferred)
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with all employees.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, and Brass. Must have a mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn about how our products are produced on equipment.
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize workload and be able to interact effectively with all types of people in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Please email resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]