7116 - Gulf Freeway - 13100 Gulf Fwy, Houston, Texas, 77034
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job:
CarMax rolled out Home Delivery over the last two years, and this role will be responsible for executing and expanding capabilities to ensure today's customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that suits their lifestyle. The Home Delivery Logistics Manager, will be the vital link between a customer's online buying experience and their home delivery, providing an iconic car-buying experience.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Directly manage territory Home Delivery Drivers including the performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal Home Delivery and fleet drivers to share goals and strategy in local market
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development through timely and effective feedback, to include individual meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual Performance Review (APR) process
Executing day to day operational logistics functions:
- Directly manage regional Home Delivery drivers including fleet safety within the region
- 98% execution of appointment times, Bill of Lading utilization as determined in each lane by the senior manager, dwell time management
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers.
- Maintain a home delivery schedule throughout the day by answering incoming calls
- Problem solve and exercise judgment to make modifications to daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Cultivate strong relationships with the Alternative Delivery Team, Regional Leadership, Local Logistics Managers, Store Leadership, drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and team meetings.
- Partners with Logistics, Auction Services and Business Operations to produce daily ship plan with staffing targets
- Partner with third-party vendors to provide fleet coverage as needed
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational constraints
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibility
Internal Fleet Management:
- Monitor ELD for violations or safety concerns and provide feedback to Home Delivery drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all Home Delivery drivers' USDOT qualification documents and USDOT requirements are current and in compliance with USDOT regulations.
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet performance
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to stores
- Partner with Alternative Delivery Team, Technology, and Home Office Logistics team to align performance and future needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two + years managing a fleet, required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to act as principle point of contact for the department.
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers and associates across departments.
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business decisions
- Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements
- Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and acceptable timelines for dispatching.
- Requires non-manual work that may require walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that will include nights, weekends, holidays.
- Must be comfortable working in a combination of both office and outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions
- Requires ability to travel 50% or as required.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
- Internal Candidates: Completion of MDP Required.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.