Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00:pm.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide initial education and training for provider contacts and medical and dental practitioners telephonically and/or electronically in regard to: examinee and provider responsibilities, electronic or paper document completion, service requirements and Provider Portal navigation
- Determine the need for refresher training based on analysis of prior practitioner/provider trainings, recent appointment history and any noted issues and/or errors and escalate to Provider Education Specialist
- Assign appropriate training codes to provider contacts and practitioners, when applicable
- Determine need for corrective training based on analysis of check-listing reports per contract supported by network provider as well as via issues identified by interdepartmental communications; route tasks to Specialist and Nurse Educator personnel for follow-up as appropriate
- Answer department queue line calls. Assist with non-clinical questions regarding exams and services, training completion and portal navigation. Escalate calls regarding clinical issues/concerns or complex issues to the appropriate internal or external department staff
- Provide assistance on retrieval of missing or incompletion components or documentation
- Monitor department reports and assign follow-up when appropriate
- Provide administrative support to the Provider Education leadership team
- Develop and maintain a general understanding of the systems and contracts used and supported by Provider Education
- Monitor assigned daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; generating individualized reports for specialist and / or supervisor follow - up
- Complete system - related tasks and department projects as defined by Provider Education leadership team
- Assist MPE staff in placing non - clinical and / or administrative calls to network providers to notify them of vital updates or changes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting - customer service, administrative support and / or training support
- CAC (Common Access Card) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (on location group events based on business needs)
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Excel (general navigation, data entry and sorting data in columns), Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- United States Citizenship
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in business or medical field, training / education, or customer service capacity
- MedNet or other healthcare data base systems
- Vocational or Technical Training / Education in a Medical related field
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Knowledge / experience with adult learning principles
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Analytical thinking and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi - task, meet tight deadlines and problem solve in a fast - paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Must possess high level of verbal and written communication skills, including customer service skills
- Effective editing and proofreading skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, OptumRx, Healthcare, Installation, Database, RxCLAIM, AS400, Pharmacy, PBM, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo