We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This posting is intended to collect candidate information for Halliburton’s talent pool, and is not considered an application. By completing the candidate profile, recruiters will have visibility to your information in order to contact you for a future related job opportunity. In addition to providing your information on this posting, we encourage you to create a Job Alert within our career site. The Job Alert allows you to select search criteria for positions that match your interest(s). Once positions are posted that match your search criteria, you will receive an email notification.
Job Title: Manager, Technology Development
Job Location: 3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, TX 77032
Responsibilities include: providing leadership and direction for a Technology Center or a Technology Department; supervising subordinate managers, supervisors and/or team leaders and providing general input into project plans and execution; initiating, prioritizing and justifying various projects, processes and initiatives supporting strategic direction; preparing for future workload demands by anticipating and recommending the appropriate level of capital expenditures and personnel requirements; developing and overseeing department budgets; managing performance and salaries of by hiring, firing, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring for career and skills development; leading or initiating cross functional, cross department or cross center teams in developing, prioritizing and justifying various corporate projects, excellence projects, research projects, Technical Business Line projects (standards, best practices, enabling technologies). Managing 3-4 Product Owners.
Requirements: Employer will accept a Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in job offered or 5 years of related experience in managing technical projects.
Position also requires:
- 5 years of experience managing the entire software development lifecycle (roadmap, voice of customer, strategy, business case, market segmentation, budgeting, hiring of personnel, outsourcing) of drilling and completion software.
- 5 years of experience being a subject matter expert in upstream drilling and completions domain and a thorough understanding of oilfield lifecycle and experience in use of E&P software.
- 5 years of experience working with potential E&P software customers during the tender phase, deployment, and usage of software applications.
- 5 years of experience working with new software product launches and adoption, presenting vision and value propositions of solutions to internal and external audiences, giving demos to stakeholders, building product strategy and roll-out plans, working across different parts of an organization to bring a new product into market.
- 5 years of experience using software development methodologies Agile and scrum.
- 3 years of experience with cloud technologies and dev-ops.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Opportunities may exist in multiple locations.
Additional Locations for this position:
Requisition Number: 97799
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
PSL: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.