Provide administrative and secretarial support to Litigation partners, associates, and other legal and business services staff in the Houston office.
- Maintain calendars in Outlook, scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings as necessary. Manage contacts lists, in Outlook and/or Interaction.
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to answering phones, arranging conference calls, coordinating travel and meetings, creating and maintaining, paper and electronic files, as well as handling miscellaneous photocopying, scanning, faxing and printing requests.
- Create, edit, format and proofread letters, memos, and other documents using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, iManage, and Workshare Compare as necessary. Compose routine correspondence and emails, as needed.
- Enter diaries into Intapp; prepare current assignment sheets.
- Prepare and submit expense reports using Chrome River.
- Request conflict checks, open new client matters and submit electronic approvals, as needed.
- Handle all aspects of monthly bill preparation as required, including: initiate pro formas; review, categorize and transfer time entries; finalize bills for partner review; mail or submit electronically; track outstanding client bills and follow up with partners, clients or revenue group to resolve.
- Assist with the coordination of business development, marketing, social, and other events
- Provide backup secretarial assistance to partners, associates and other legal and administrative staff as assigned.
- Assist partners with personal requests (i.e., maintaining personal files, contacts, calendar)
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong legal billing experience (handling all aspects of billings and collections) or desire and ability to learn
- Ability to master new technology using on-line training tools (iManage, Interaction, Elite, Intapp or other diary apps, Chrome River or other expense apps)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to think clearly and work well under pressure in a busy demanding environment
- Strong calendaring skills (view, edit, send, create and respond on partner's behalf)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of staff within the office
- Outstanding client service skills
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree is a plus
- Prior experience providing direct administrative support to partner or principal in a professional services environment is a plus
- Familiarity with Federal and Texas State Court rules and ability to support attorneys with court filings
- Prior experience providing administrative support to lawyers is a plus
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs