Lead Senior Systems Administrator
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Senior Systems Administrator to join a financial specialty services company in Houston, TX. Direct hire opportunity. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years of focused systems administration.
- Leads the in depth and comprehensive analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed business procedures, problems and user requirements with clients, business analysts, architects, and team members, based on overall strategies and systems infrastructures.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Integrates development of best practices, standards, procedures and quality objectives across systems infrastructure or platforms.
- Administration of Dell PowerEdge and Cisco UCS servers, vSphere ESXi 6.5, vCenter Server 6.5, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, vSphere VSAN, and iSCSI SANs.
- Administration of VMware virtual machines, Windows Servers, Active Directory, and Linux servers.
- Maintain regular backups of all servers and verify validity of those backups.
- Identify, research, troubleshoot and resolve problems with hardware, software and systems.
- Ensure technical systems and solutions are operating efficiently, according to best practices, and maintain disaster recovery readiness at all times.
- Document and complete all changes in accordance with Change Management policies and procedures.
- Provide emergency on-call 24x7 support.
- 10 plus years of relevant work experience.
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) Certification preferred
- Linux experience is required.
- Advanced proficiency in VMware vSphere virtual environments is required.
- Experience with vCenter Site Recovery Manager is required.
- Proficiency managing and maintaining iSCSI SANs is preferred
- Nimble experience preferred, additional SAN experience a plus.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it.
Please send your resume to Irina Liukimson, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.