Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead development and architecture for capabilities in Foundational Capabilities suite of products
- Design and build innovative technology in a large, distributed cloud environment and drive fundamental change in healthcare industry
- Build technology that is performant, scalable, fault tolerant, cost effective and easy to operate and use
- Drive engineering excellence and be a technology leader in the organization
- Design and code the right solution that start off as broadly defined problems
- Drive alignment by partnering with product managers and stakeholders and implement solutions that integrate with larger Optum ecosystem and platform
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Object Oriented Programming Languages like Java, Python, C#, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with Cloud technologies like Azure, AWS
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD using Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with database technology
- Experience in operating a cloud based, high scale production system
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- System design experience (patterns and practices) for performant, scalable and cost effective microservice based architecture
- Experience in cloud infrastructure provisioning using Terraform or similar automation
- Experience working with Linux and big data technology
- Experience developing front-end software using react or similar technologies
- Experience in data pipelines and data integration
- Experience working in healthcare domain
- Adept at thinking abstractly and handling complex problems
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Houston, TX, Texas