Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Digital Solutions is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our team to help build our next-generation portfolio of web, and cloud-based engineering products for the Pipeline industry. The ideal candidate will apply their passion and experience to lead a team of developers to build our pipeline integrity software.
Successful candidates will be joining a thriving company with a team-oriented culture. Career development opportunities, mentorship and training are all provided, in addition to a competitive salary and great benefits package.
This position is based in our Mechanicsburg, PA or Houston office, where most employees work a hybrid schedule that balances the needs of the team and their own preferences.
What You'll Do
- Develop, maintain, test, and secure our next-generation applications
- Use tools such as Visual Studio, Git, and Azure DevOps to support a DevSecOps methodology
- Participate in Agile processes, including daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Work with domain experts to understand functional and non-functional requirements
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and other automated tests
- Identify, debug and resolve bugs
- Adhere to software development processes and standards for development, testing, documentation, support, and deployment
- Perform a variety of tasks in support of a professional software development organization.
- Learn the domain in which our customers use our products
- Develop code to current security standards
- Collaborate with the Product architect to ensure appropriate technology components are approved and then effectively deployed
- Create architectural and security requirements
- Lead small development teams
What is required
- Bachelor's degree in technical field (engineering, software development, etc)
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong collaboration skills with individual scrum teams and stakeholders
- Experience in Microservices
- Experience in one or more .NET development languages (eg. C#, VB.Net)
- Ability to interface web UI pages to backend servers and services
- Ability to follow software development processes and standards
- Knowledge of secure coding standards and practices
- Must be able to work with a team and lead a small team of developers
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background screening
What is preferred
- Integrity and risk domain knowledge and/or awareness of how clients use DNV's Synergi Pipeline product
- Experience in Domain Driven Design
- Experience and application of design patterns
- Experience leading small development teams providing direction to team and technical guidance
- Experience with browser/web UI development techniques.
- WPF and MVVM
- Azure DevOps
- Unit testing
- Microsoft Azure cloud
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.