The Technical Lead is the senior member of the development team in a project. They direct and lead development team members for internal and customer-facing applications. They champion the technical and architectural design of the application, and participate in extensive, hands-on writing and reviewing of the code. They also ensure that the development team adheres to WKLS’s software development practices and processes. The Technical Lead is responsible for driving all activities necessary to plan, build, test, and deploy project team deliverables to production. This includes managing the migration process workflow; leading, mentoring, inspiring, and working as part of a team to meet project budget, schedule, and scope; and participating in process improvement initiatives. Each Technical Lead is assigned to one or two application streams.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Leadthe development ofinternal and customer-facing applications with the focus on quality, on-time delivery, ease of implementation, and easy-to-maintain perspectives.
- Operate as the go-to technical person for the project, providing guidance to other team members.
- Contribute code to the team’s solution, including code samples to guide developers toward a solution and direct contributions to the deployed deliverables.
- Lead, mentor, inspire, and work as part of a team to meet project budget, schedule, and scope.
- Encourage team collaboration, innovation, and project ownership.
- Provide direct leadership to offshore development team members to ensure alignment with project goals and deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Architecture team to ensure the project team is building in high-quality software architecture and design, including principles of reuse.
- Follow all secure coding standards to ensure the product and all client data are secured against threats.
- Ensure the project team develops our product according to all software development standards and best practices.
- Be the project technical coordinator/liaison with outsourced vendors, QA/QC, etc.
- Drive all activities necessary to plan, build, test, and deploy project team deliverables to production, including managing the migration process workflow.
- Drive the software configuration and release management processes for the project.
- Review and input into the development of our software architecture framework.
- Participate in the evaluation/implementation of third-party software solutions.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and stay well updated with technology changes.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and be flexible to adapt to change in job duties.
Education: BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a technology-based position, with at least five years leading increasingly complex and challenging software development projects and has experience with SaaS, Cloud, and Business Analytics software and systems.
The Technical Lead must have a proven track record of managing project resources to meet business and project needs. As such, the candidate must have the ability to understand business strategy and create plans for implementing that strategy in the project. The Technical Lead is part of the project leadership team and is expected to be a team player and a demonstrated leader.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a background check and substance abuse screening.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Significant full-stack experience with SaaS and web-based technologies
- 7 years dedicated development in Microsoft languages (.NET/C#).
- 5 years as lead/senior developer of medium to large scale projects.
- Familiar with architecture/design patterns and re-usability concepts.
- Experienced with microservice architectures, SOAP, RESTful APIs, and test automation tools (e.g. Selenium)
- Skilled with object-oriented analysis and design (OOA&D) methodology.
- Skilled in SOLID design principles and TDD.
- Very Familiar with Application Security via OWASP Top 10 and common mitigation strategies.
- Skilled in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments
- Detailed knowledge of database design and object/relational database technology.
- Strong analytical, detailed, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptive, forward-thinking, and team-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong balance of operational and business aptitude and comprehension
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams
- A willingness to directly execute tasks and manage projects
- Ability to manage resources that functionally report elsewhere
- Highly developed communication skills, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and productive, requiring little supervision
- Demonstrated experience with project management methodology
- Demonstrated experience with a formal Software Development Life Cycle, SCRUM, Agile development experience a must
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, on time, and on budget
- Familiarity with process improvement initiatives
Normal office environment.