The Electrical & Instrumentation Designer I will be responsible for Electrical and Instrument design efforts for projects related to pump stations, meter stations, compressor stations and pipeline projects. This position will support the Electrical and Instrumentation team with development of design and drawings. Efficiently and accurately develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. This job requires interaction in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction forces.
Primary Job Functions:
· Assist engineers and lead designer with initial design and drawing requirements
· Conceptualize plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
· Check and back-check drawings produced by drafting personnel
· Coordinate and analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
· Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
· 3+ years of experience (or Associates Degree & 4 years of experience) in facilities creating I & E drafting/design drawings preferably in Meter Stations, Pump Stations, Launcher/Receivers, Main Line Valves, Compression Stations and As-builts
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
· Proficient in current release of AutoCAD and Microstation, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
· Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
· Expertise in E&I design practices for heavy industry, including chemical, power, or mining industries
· Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding