Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Lead, Enterprise Applications with applications business requirements analysis, implementation experience and sustainment support in JD Edwards Financial and Asset Maintenance to join our growing team in Houston, TX!
The Lead, Enterprise Applications role is an advisor for JDE financials and other related applications to both the Analysts and business stakeholders. The responsibility also includes ensuring that day-to-day support of issues are handled accordingly by Buckeye or 3rd Party resources. Ensuring the direction of the analysis and recommended solution is appropriate, effective and meets the business requirements. At times, the Lead will also be the investigating and implementing solutions for more complex issues and projects. There is a certain level of Project Management since various stakeholders with different requirements and schedules need to be reconciled for the solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- JDE Support and related applications. Supporting JDE financials (AR, AP, GL and Fixed Assets), equipment management, and time entry, including 3rd party applications that integrate with JDE.
- Liaison. Serving as the advisor and liaison with business owners and represent Buckeye application and data interest to vendors of stand-alone and hosted enterprise applications. Partner with various functions to understand business needs & translate into viable technical solutions.
- Documentation. Documenting current and proposed business process to identify gaps while aligning to functional and system processes. This includes coordinating and facilitating User Acceptance Testing and collecting testing results using standard templates.
- Technical Support. Troubleshooting issues or bugs, assisting in resolving tickets raised by the business, coordinating system testing to meet business requirements and ensuring that new designs and changes to application systems fit best practices and procedures.
- Relationship Building. Developing effective working relationships and collaboration across the organization and with vendor support.
- Initiative Management & Execution. Develop proof-of-concepts (“POC”) for complex requests or projects to prevent wasted development cycles. Maintain portfolio of outstanding IT initiatives and develop methods to maintain prioritization, level of effort sizing, resource assignment, & overall delivery metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, Operations, Information Technology or other equivalent discipline required.
- 10+ year’s experience supporting JD Edwards modules preferably financial and job cost.
- 10+ years of business analysis experience including development of business processes, functional specifications, testing, and implementation.
- Experience developing online training and test plans/scripts.
- Knowledge of SQL and SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Accounting, Supply Management or Asset Maintenance accreditation would be considered an asset
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- This job includes frequent interaction with a wide range of personnel, which requires excellent communication, interpersonal skills and collaborative style management.
- This position requires strong analytic skills and system abilities to understand business and technology impact.
- This position requires to provide assistance around complex support issues - helping to identify root-case and/or remediate as needed.
- Provide technical guidance & support to developers related to all deployed modules
- Must be able to work well in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be open to giving and receiving direct feedback to challenge the status quo.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience in using analytical or querying tools
- Requires excellent program and project management skills (estimating, work planning, project reporting and tracking, issue management).
- Good organization and time management skills required.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.