Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Start Date: May 2021
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the execution of all electrical engineering/design documents as well as procurement packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervisory or Lead responsibility over a group of engineers and designers providing technical direction primarily at a project level. Projects will be located in North America, and may be green or brown field. Supervised personnel may be located at the same office location, or remotely in other time zones.
- Able to perform duties of responsible engineer over engineering work under their supervision, including sealing of contract documents when required. Documents required to be sealed may be, but not limited to: Single Line Diagrams, Engineering Specifications, Load lists, Equipment Lists, Schematic Diagrams, Junction Box Drawings, Distribution Panel Drawings, Data Sheets, Interconnection Diagrams, Electrical Block Diagrams, Electrical Layout Drawings for Cable Routing, Grounding, Lightning Protection, Lighting, E-Houses, Sub-Stations, Technical Specifications and Power Studies.
- Sets priorities and reconciles conflicting interests over the duration of a project.
- Demonstrates through their actions an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Viewed as an engineering leader and technical resource.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work for a project.
- Supervises teams of engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or completion of activities for multiple major projects..
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Responsible for the technical development and mentoring of junior level engineers.
- May be responsible for employee performance appraisals, and coaching and developing of junior level engineers.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering. Other disciplines may be considered based on work experience.
- 10+ years of electrical engineering experience.
- Electrical engineering experience in the power, petrochemical, heavy industrial, chemical plants and heavy industrial process industry.
- Must have experience specifying packaged electrical equipment and tracking manufacturing.
- Experience managing work from a High Value Engineering center is highly preferred.
Required Certifications & Memberships:
- Multiple Professional Engineering (PE) registrations, with the immediate need for a Louisiana license.
- Ability to promptly obtain further PE registrations as business needs arise.
- Ability to operate as Designated Professional (or similar depending on jurisdiction) as necessary for business or organizational needs.
- Continual maintenance of professional registrations obtained.
- Meets Model Law Electrical Engineer criteria (preferred).
- Holds NCEES record (preferred).
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential holder (preferred).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.