About this role:
We’re currently hiring an experienced Lead Data Scientist to join our client’s new team within their organization. The Lead Data Scientist will be critical in leading the successful development and implementation of machine-learning and model-based digital solutions and products, as model based decision making is at the heart of the Digital Factory solutions.
- Understanding business problems and designing end-to-end analytics use cases.
- Developing the data science team’s approach and methods to be used to solve specific business problems.
- Developing complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization. This may include improving on-time performance, network planning, etc.,
- Conducting advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
- Providing technical leadership to other data scientists on the product team.
- Collaborating with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions.
Collaborating with product software teams to ensure model functionality using cloud solutions and monitoring the quality and effectiveness of the models in operations.
Providing thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders.
What you need to bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in a data science role with emphasis on solving large-scale industrial size problems.
- Masters or Ph.D degree in quantitative field like Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required. Advanced degree is a strong plus.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field as evident through a tertiary higher education degree and/or several years of industry experience.
- Experience leading data science teams.
- Experience working with large data sets, time series data, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools.
- Experience in working with large databases, relational databases (SQL), and distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive), and cloud analytic architectures.
- Experience Proficiency in R, Python, C++, Java and/or SAS; additional knowledge of other statistical software (SPSS, RapidMiner, etc.) is helpful.
- Relevant Cloud Certifications (i.e. Certified AWS Machine Learning or Data Analytics Specialty) a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques, data mining, machine learning (regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, generalized linear models, etc.)
- Excellent scientific computing skills, including creativity in the design and development of efficient algorithms.
- Experience or interest in working in a team environment, with ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring technical team members. Evidence of well-developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate technical contents to non-technical audience.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.