American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization’s values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What’s in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Lead Building Maintenance Engineer
American National is seeking a Lead Building Maintenance Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assists in implementation and management of preventative maintenance program.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with external vendors, contractors, and engineer staff.
- Train engineers in a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Support the Chief Building Maintenance Engineer in supervising, leading and mentoring junior engineers.
- Perform detailed inspections of equipment.
- Monitors contracted services and suppliers.
- Assists in storm preparation, if circumstances arise.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) designation or equivalent.
- First grade engineer license
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.