Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division Recreation and Wellness
Section: Golf Operations
Workdays & Hours VARIOUS*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhance the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Laborer to join its Recreation and Wellness - Golf Operations team.
The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
- Remove golf cars from charging station, prepare golf cars for customer use, and clean and return golf cars to storage.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- De-litter the front of golf facility and driving range areas.
- Maintain and fill customer water stations.
- Operate small equipment and machinery like line trimmers, push mowers, hedge trimmers, and chain saws
- Operate all hand tools including shovels and rakes.
The position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting of heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. There are routine exposures to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution. The position may involve periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns.