The Junior Tax Accountant position within GBS Group is an integral part of our company. Junior Tax Accountant’s get to work with experienced Senior Tax Accountants and Consultants to understand our clients business. Junior Tax Accountants have the opportunity as they gain experience to take on larger more complex assignments and move up to Senior Tax Accountants & Client Manager positions.
Junior Tax Accountants in the first year will be exposed to many tax concepts involving international regulation. Junior Accountants must be willing to learn consistently in a fast paced environment.
Junior Accountants will be responsible for:
- Analysis of financial information and preparation of financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities for clients.
- Prepare 1040, 1040NR, FBAR, 1120, 1120S, 1120F, 1065, and 5471 tax returns and schedules
- Process incoming paperwork such as bank statements and client documentation.
- Facilitating clients to ensure they are complying with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
Junior Accountants must have great attention to detail, communication, and organization skills. Seasonal extended and weekend business hours may be required when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Taxation – and 1-year experience.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Basic Knowledge of QuickBooks and Tax Programs
- Fully Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Prior experience preparing tax returns
- 1+ years experience working in a CPA or Bookkeeping firm
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience working with UltraTax CS
- Interest in perusing CPA or Enroll Agent certification
See compensation on above on mobile or on the right sidebar on desktop.
This position is eligible for Full-Time Benefits:
- 50% Company Paid Health Insurance (Employee Only)
- Up to 4% Match on 401(k) Contributions
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance up to 1x Annual Salary
- Eligible for Company Bonus plan
About the company:
At GBS Group we build better businesses. We accomplish this goal by providing integrated business solutions to small and medium businesses. GBS Group has 4 main areas of expertise:
- Start-up Services
- Financial & Tax Advisory
- Business Consulting
- Human Capital Management
At GBS Group our diverse team of multi-disciplinary consultants partner with our clients to ensure that they are accomplishing their business goals.
GBS Group prides itself in providing high-quality services through a culture of empathy, understanding, and integrity with our clients. Our clients’ success is our success.
GBS Group has offices in Miami, FL; and Houston, TX.