Local Unit & Position Description
DNV – Digital Solutions is seeking to fill the role of a (Junior) Developer Consultant. This will be based out of our Mechanicsburg, PA, Katy, TX or Dublin, OH office (can be remote witnin a half days driving distance to the office).
The purpose of the Developer Consultant is to provide technical expertise for the implementation, configuration, and delivery of our integrity management and regulatory compliance products. The candidate will serve as a developer and interact with other consultants, and software developers to execute and deliver consultancy services projects and support a variety of software products and applications. The candidate will work on projects for a variety of customers, and activities will include, software installation and site setup, implementation and maintenance of software, database development monitoring and troubleshooting, analysis and reporting, testing, software product support and training, and custom development work.
The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of one of DNV's Pipeline integrity products or basic knowledge of the Esri GIS suite of products, cloud deployment and/or web-development all of which work in conjunction with DNV's integrity products.
What You'll Do
- Configure, per customer specifications, DNV's products (Synergi Pipeline) as part of a client project
- Database support, troubleshooting and maintenance for DNV's integrity products
- Installation of DNV integrity products and environmental troubleshooting
- Ad hoc scripts, stored procedures, database queries, etc to facilitate project work
- Develop interfaces to integrate or exchange data between a client's existing systems and the DNV products
- Provide data analysis and data loading of information from a variety of sources into the DNV product databases
- Provide technical training on configured or developed software solutions
- Develop and execute test plans for both client solutions and product quality assurance tasks
What is Required
Education: BS Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering or related field required, or completion of an Internship with a software development or delivery company with the intent of completing a degree by January 2023.
- Knowledge in two or more of the following:
- Knowledge of VB, VB Script, Java Script (Angular, bootstrap), Python preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server (Oracle 10, 11g, SQL Server 2008, 2012)
- Knowledge of solutions using design patterns (MVC, Observer) for desktop and web based applications
- Knowledge of DBMS Server-side application logic (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of VB .Net or C# programming
- Knowledge of Esri technologies (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, ArcObjects SDK)
- Knowledge of DNV's Syenrgi Pipeline product
- Excellent communication skills
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with customers and co-workers
- Attention to detail in all aspects of software solution
- Ambition and curiosity to learn about the pipeline industry and asset integrity
- Travel up to 10% both domestic and international (post COVID)
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
What is Preferred
Experience in the following areas would be considered a significant advantage:
- Risk models, integrity management, field inspection solutions
- Knowledge of gas utilities or pipeline operations preferred
- Software as a Service / Cloud Deployment / Azure
- Internship within software development industry
- Data analytics
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Read More Here
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is a world-leading provider of software solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance.
DNV's Regional Consulting department delivers software products, integrated solutions, consultancy, data services, and software support to its customers in the oil and natural gas industry. Our products and solutions integrate with enterprise systems such as GIS and ERP systems and provide risk, integrity and decision support analysis functions, and activity and inspection scheduling and monitoring. These are exciting times. our software solutions are moving through a Digital Transformation which includes the transformation of our solutions models towards Cloud and SaaS deployments.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!