Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini’s digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Job Title: Java Developer
Type: Fulltime Permanent with Capgemini
Location: Houston, TX
- Working and contributing to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Developing front-end/backend services. Open to work on back-end or front end & any language/script/technology as per the project need.
- Working on enterprise-scale/complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Learning technical framework and apply best practices for scalable and maintainable code.
- Participating in design discussion of the application.
- Being an expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Demonstrating the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
- Understanding whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
- Helping in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- Learning & applying domain knowledge during development. Showing great customer focus.
- Demonstrating clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Have 5+ years of hands-on technical backend experience in Web/Cloud application development.
- Have proficiency in back-end development using Java.
- Have experience using and designing services and APIs using REST, XML, JSON, API gateway.
- Have experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring Data)
- Have awareness or hands on experience of front-end frameworks / tools / libraries / concepts like Material UI, Storybook, Bootstrap, IFrame, Web Components, SPA, CSS preprocessors.
- Have awareness or hands on experience of best practices for building backend services like Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL), Session management, caching, algorithms & data structures, secure coding, etc.
- Have awareness of data communication protocols like AMQP/MQTT & message brokers like RabbitMQ/Kafka.
- Have awareness of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability.
- Have deep understanding and hands on experience of Programming concepts: OOPS, best practices, refactoring, maintainable/reusable code, Design principles and patterns, Unit testing, debugging, automation.
- Have worked with Agile/SCRUM approaches.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.